Is GPLV2 really the *right* license for this CodePlex project?

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Using the GPLV2 license is a very restrictive license.  It basically says that anyone linking to this library must open up their source code.  I really appreciate the time and effort that went into developing this library, but what we have here is a data structure implementation.  To expect someone to completely open up their software, multi million lines of code in our case, to use an open source data structure is a bit too much in my opinion. 

In the orignal CodeProject implementation by Mikael Swenson, the license used was LGPL3 which is less restrictive license which basically allows people to dynamically link to it from a proprietary application, in which they don't share their source.  However, the license does mandate that anyone who modifies the library must share their changes.  I believe that original LGPL license is a better fit for this particular implementation.

Please reconsider going to the less restrictive license, so that this useful piece of software would have broader use.