Share Object Collection List between two app

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:13 AM

I am not sure is your library could help me in my situation so I am writing to ask for advise. I have List<MyObject> as queue, two applications on the same machine will read and write to list and change MyObject properties. It will be about 5 read/writes per second. Can I use your library to share such list?

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2012 at 10:48 AM
tomasr78 wrote:

I am not sure is your library could help me in my situation so I am writing to ask for advise. I have List<MyObject> as queue, two applications on the same machine will read and write to list and change MyObject properties. It will be about 5 read/writes per second. Can I use your library to share such list?

Hi,

In theory two apps could work on the same files as all data are accessed via memory mapped files. But I have not tested this, and there might very well be some issues with this.

You could however create a separate service and use IPC between the processes as they are on the same machine. I have a sample project with one server and client on a blog post at http://techmikael.blogspot.no/2010/02/blazing-fast-ipc-in-net-4-wcf-vs.html if you want to explore this.

Thanks,
Mikael Svenson